Monday, May 5, 2014

sleep. strength. study. spirit. simplicity.

For now, this is what I'm working toward...

Sleep:  Getting to bed earlier and waking up earlier. 

Strength:  Exercising... Giving myself an energy boost for the day.  (I've severely been lacking energy.)

Study:  Study the scriptures... Take time to ponder.

Spirit:  Praying with intent and inviting the Spirit to guide me in my day and then follow promptings I receive.  This goes right along with Study.

Simplicity:  Keep life simple.  Focus on what's most important.

My morning hours are far more productive than my late evening hours... when I'm awake for them.  The goal is to accomplish sleep, strength, study, and spirit all while my kiddies are still sleeping.  It's not easy, but when I've done it (only a handful of times), it makes my entire day go so much better.

Last night I got to bed at 10:00, which is pretty good for me, and I had my alarm set to wake me up early, but then my sweetie Ruby woke me up 3 times.  I'm pretty sure she's teething.  So... I reset my alarm for 6:20am.  Clint leaves around 6:30 and I like to be up at least a tiny bit before he goes, and my kids are up at about 6:45.  It's tricky when there are so many things I can't control, but that's okay.  Maybe tomorrow morning.

One day at a time.

                                    My favorite little boy at South Miami Beach