Thursday, May 8, 2014

10 wonderful years!

I just love this boy so much.  (And this baby girl... wearing her party-favor sunglasses for a moment.) 

10 years ago I tricked him into marrying me, and I will be forever glad I did.  

He is just my favorite person ever.  He has taught me so much about love, patience, kindness, service, selflessness, and parenthood in our 10 years of marriage, all through his example.  Not only is he sensitive and thoughtful and respectful toward me and our children, but he is a peacemaker and makes us laugh all of the time, even and especially when there's contention in our home.  He is rarely too busy to voluntarily help with diapers or dishes, fixing something, or whatever... even though he really is so busy. 

He is the greatest father to our children, blessing their lives with his example of wisdom and strong character... and his time.  He'll come home from work, stressed and feeling weighed down with work issues and pressured with many many things to do, but he'll put a smile on his face, take the kids outside to play with him or just hold them and talk with them or let them climb all over him.  He doesn't have much extra time, but he makes good use of the time he does have, because he wants to have good relationships with them and create happy memories for them.  It's no wonder 'Daddy' is the favorite in our home, and I love him for it.  
He is my inspiration behind the changes I am trying to make.  Just the person he is has always given me a desire to be a better person, and he still does.  He never ever makes me feel bad about my weaknesses or struggles; he always tells me I'm doing a good job... even when I'm not.  I just love him more and more all the time. 

I know I'm making him sound too good to be true, but he really is this good and so much more.  He amazes me and makes me so happy.  Like I said, I tricked him into marrying me. I know he knows it and I tease him about it all the time, but we sealed the deal, and there's no turning back now.  :)

Love you, my Clint.  Happy 10 years!!!